Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Two posts, One day.

This is something I never do: 2 posts in 1 day. There is a reason, however, as I have two themes running in my life right now. My real life, and the one I push the pencil...er...keyboard to. My real and the story that runs through my mind always.

So this post is just an update for my eight readers.

As you know, I am involved in a Presbyterian Church in my neighborhood. It's a big church as church's go, though the people that attend regularly will say it's not big.
I don't attend service because it's in Korean and well, I don't know enough Korean for it to be worth attending. I do however, volunteer every Sunday.

You can find me in the building next door, 2nd floor, teaching Sunday school classes in English to fourth and fifth grade children and then leading a Bible study for the adult teachers of that same Sunday school. I really enjoy it. I enjoy hanging out with the kids and some of my students from my school go to the Sunday school, so it's a great way for me to get to know them beyond the once or twice I see them in school and in the halls. The Bible study is also great. We are studying through the book of John. I make handouts with questions, and we talk about the questions and any other questions that come up as we go along. There are really some amazing people who give their time at this church and they have really made me feel like I belong. I am very grateful to them. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to do this, seeing as I don't know enough Korean to truly be a part of this culture. (On a side note, I don't think I could ever learn enough Korean to be a part of this culture. No amount of learning would ever make me feel like I truly belonged, but that's another post entirely).

So I have been given other opportunities to volunteer but I have to turn them down. There is only so much I can do with all that I am trying to do.

If you have any specific questions, I invite you to email me or facebook me. I love questions. Don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for your support and prayers. I appreciate them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment