Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Learning the hard way.

I want to live life to its fullest every day.

That is so hard to do.

I recently reached over 50k words in my story and have brought it to its close. I need to smooth it over and then send it off, because my fear is that I will get sick of it. Before I can do that, I must make sure it makes sense to the reader. That, I think, is the hardest part. So the hardest part lies ahead and just when I thought the hard parts of writing were behind me, I have yet another task to complete.

I make writing sound like a chore. Well, sometimes it is. Other times its enjoyable. I vow to make my next story writing experience a much more enjoyable one. It's not that this one was so bad, but I just didnt have the discipline or the know-how. This was my first book after all.

I have learned a lot since then. I will learn A LOT more, too. As I finish this story, I will learn so many more hard things, but that's okay. It's how I've always learned. The hard way. Like that DC Talk song. Man, what a song that was.


No comments:

Post a Comment