Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hello!

If you are new to my blog, please scroll down to older posts for info regarding my trip to Beijing and how you can assist me in getting there! As you can see by the next post down, I am nearing the goal! Praise God!

It has been one week since I returned from Detroit Lakes with Intervarsity Christian Fellowship. Since then I have worked and spent some time in the cities visiting my wonderful family. Mom and Dad are moving from Rogers to Plymouth and I returned home with a car full of stuff they didnt want anymore. Our place in Superior now has a new end table and a keyboard in the dining room.

I promised to tell you about the IVCF retreat. It was amazing!! The purpose of the retreat was to train leaders for IV for this coming school year. Each day was a different theme and each speaker was a staff member from the various schools IV chapters represented there. Those schools were UWS, UMD, St Scholastica, UofM, Winona, ND State U, and a few others I cant remember. In a nutshell, we moved from meals to large group sessions, to small groups, to chapter times, to free time, to organized games, to quiet times, to sleep. Small groups gave each person a chance to lead discussion for their assigned day. Large groups brought everyone together in the chapel building. Chapter time was the time each school spent together prepping things for IV for the fall.

Two of the best things that we did there was the service day on Wednesday where my small group and two other small groups laid mulch for a park reserve, and the other thing was Thursday we spent an hour and a half in a quiet time with God. Both of these things were really powerful.

I could really spend a long time talking about this retreat. I met some amazing people and new friends and though it was a very structured time, it also gave me a chance to relax after a tough semester. If you have any questions about the retreat, definitely ask me because it was an awesome experience and I would love to tell you more!

For now, Peace in Christ,
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment