Friday, February 25, 2011

Ever wonder what its like....

....on the other side of the veil?

When I was at his side I saw a vision of Nick standing in front of me with his back towards me. He was looking straight ahead and I knew he could see something that I could not see. He had passed beyond the veil that separates this life we know from the spiritual realm where God dwells. There was light all around him, but I could not see it. I only knew it was there. I was standing as close to the veil as I will ever get, until I, like Nick, pass beyond it some day. I could not see what he saw, yet my words were his words:

"I see the glory of the Lord before me."

Nick's life was a gift given to me that I will treasure the rest of my life. To have it taken away means I will never be the same again. Yet, as I said my final goodbyes, this is the Word that was spoken to me:

"Nick's life went out from My mouth twenty-one years ago and has not returned to me empty, but has accomplished what I desired and achieved the purpose for which I sent it. He has gone out in joy and has been led forth in peace. The mountains and hills burst into song before him and all the trees of the field clap their hands. Instead of the thornbush the pine tree will grow, instead of the briers the myrtle will grow. This is for the Lord's renown, for an everlasting sign that will not be destroyed."

Nick fulfilled the purpose which he was placed on this earth for. He was a part of God's sovereign plan. When faced with loss, in desperate times such as these, we believe that God is sovereign. He takes us to our knees, to the place where all we can do is say: "Lord, I am nothing, but if you live through me, then I will be everything."

Nick Linder, my friend, my brother, you are a part of me now. I will never be same person. I love you so much and I am thankful that the Lord allowed me to share that with you on Christmas Day. I know you love me too. Now you are experiencing a love that I cannot imagine. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Isaiah 55

No comments:

Post a Comment