Monday, March 3, 2014

Big Changes

Well, Saturday came and went and I met my goal, just not in the way I expected to. While I added 4,000 words to the story, I rewrote two entire chapters. So while the cumulative story amount is shy of 64,000 by 5,000 words, the total amount of words I wrote is over that mark. Nevertheless, I carry on, intent to surpass the 64k mark sometime in the next two weeks. Gotta have a goal or it will never happen.

Story aside, I did some big thinking on Sunday as I took the day off from writing. I came to realize that beyond thoughts of a certain Supreme Being, most of the time I spend thinking can be categorized into three things: one of the stories I'm writing, finances, and women. I can't believe I'm even admitting this, but it's true.

Now, God is at the center of my life and He always will be. I owe my life to him, recalling a time when I was in dark despair and he saved me, and I told Him then and there I would never doubt again. (This is a post for another time) I just wanted to clarify this, because if all I thought about were the three aforementioned things, well, I would lose my mind. Don't worry, my sanity is intact.

The whole reason I was even able to realize that about my thought process was due to some big changes that have happened and are happening back in the States. I don't want to get into details, but when I come back to the Twin Ports some day, nothing will be as it was. Less is as it was now anyways.

It causes me to think about my future, which led me to think about what I think about most of the time these days, and how my future isn't in those thoughts as much as I think it would be. WOW. What a sentence. You might need to reread that. I had to.

Anyways, all this to say, the future has never been brighter. This is because I am refusing to limit myself to living in one particular place. I don't know where I will end up and that is kind of exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment